Wednesday, February 6, 2013

yarn along

Joining Ginny from Small Things in a yarn along.
Everyone in this house seems to be reading Anna Branford's latest Violet Mackerel gem, Violet Mackerel's Possible Friend! Chicken 2 says it's the best one yet! Yay Anna!
Not only do the "Violet" books make us all chuckle out loud quite often, the illustrations are full of knitting! You see Violet's mother is a voracious knitter, so hand knits abound in every book! Love it!
Aside from this,  I find myself constantly marvelling at how an adult could be so spot on with writing the inner dialogue of a small child! She captures the innocent logic, the vivid imaginations and bemusing, fragile insecurities which go completely unnoticed most of the time by the adults around.
What Anna does is illustrate how children are so present to the world. I start yearning I could be so attentive to everything around me. 
I totally LOVE Violet and so do my two big girl chickens.
And on the needles, a Griffin hoodie vest (designed by Tikki), in the most divine Noro Silk Garden (colour 341). The question is , will I be able to go back to knitting with anything else!

2 comments:

Lori ann said...

i do love noro too, happy knitting!

anna said...

Ooh what a lovely post to read and to find myself on the other end of Ginny's yarn along! I remain in utter awe of your beautiful knitting Jo x