Tuesday, October 4, 2011

on the needles

In Class 5 in the Steiner/Waldorf school the children learn to crochet. I haven't crocheted since I was nine! There is something strangely addictive about the quickly growing piece. My Class 5 girl noted that crochet sparked an unprecedented fervent passion for Craft among the boys in her class! With 16 ply (bulky) wool, it doesn't take terribly long to see result and the freedom to shape and add things onto your work at whim must be exciting for the children.
I'm making a school backpack for my chicken number 2, who desperately wanted one after seeing her sister's creation.

 
Ravelled here


On the knitting needles I have Vitamin D, by Heidi Kirrmaier, using the splendid and lushy Madelinetosh Pashmina in the Cloak colourway, which is a dark graphite/black with oh so subtle lilac wash through it. I am so loving this fun pattern, yet can't wait to get it off the needles and onto my back!!

No comments: