Friday, April 10, 2009

Knitting on Good Friday.



Knitting on Good Friday.
My 9 year old chose this pattern and the wool when she was about 5 years old. It has taken me three attempts over these years to get past the 372 stitches cast onto circular needles!!! to be decreased by half and half again with this incredibly thin tricky furry yarn, but I DID IT! I got off the circular needles, and onto my favourite knitting stitch, moss stitch! I am far from an excellent, or even clever knitter, but thought I better try to tackle something tougher than a head band! I have a feeling this hat will be enormous, already, and am therefore preparing to make it slightly "taller" so I can felt it with hot soapy water later on...
I want to find a great cardigan/wrap pattern for me to make for myself...


No comments: